Chapel

The Virgin Mother of Beautiful Love is located in the first chapel that is found when entering the Church of San Ginés in Madrid, on the left. Over the years, the Church of San Ginés and the Archconfraternity has been cared for with all the affection, dedication and know-how of so many years of history and cultural heritage.

The welcome and joy that Our Mother transmits when looking at Her invites us to immediately establish a childlike dialogue with Her.

The chapel is dominated by the altarpiece of the Virgin which is neoclassical in style and is topped with a medallion representing the Education of the Virgin, supported by two angels.

The crucifix and the candlesticks that decorate the altar were donated by the King Carlos II, who delivered them by hand to the parish priest of San Ginés on Holy Friday, 1676.

On the sides of the altarpiece there are two carvings, representing Saint Joaquín and Saint Ana, parents of the Virgin Mary, both works from the 18th century, attributed to Juan Adán (1741 – 1816).

On the side walls of the chapel hang two signed canvases, incorporated in 2006, by the Cordovan painter Antonio Palomino (1653 – 1726) and representing The Dream of Saint Joseph and Pentecost. Both were part of an old altarpiece in the church of Los Trinitarians Calzados in Madrid.

And in the lunettes, two scenes from the life of the Virgin: The Escape into Egypt and The Nativity.

The dome is crowned by a glory with God the Father surrounded by angels.

Four saints are represented on the pendentives of the chapel.